Would you like to join a mass archaeological excavation event as part of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad? Do you want to discover treasures and traces of home in yours and your communities back gardens?
Then sign up now to be involved in an Olympic effort to dig over 200 sites in private and community back gardens!
Digs have already taken place in Ashwell, Hertforshire and Ipswich, Suffolk.
We are now planning digs in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex and Norfolk, each day will begin with an information session from 9am and will involve digging individual test-pits throughout the day before we come together in the afternoon to look at our finds. The locations and dates are:
- Peakirk, Cambridgeshire – on Saturday 28th April 2012
- Clavering, Essex – on Saturday 12th May 2012
- Paston, Norfolk – on Saturday 19th May 2012
- Potton, Bedfordshire – on Saturday 26th May 2012
Would you like to get involved? What can you do?
- Dig your own test pit if you live in one of these locations
- Join in with neighbours and friends
- Or if you live elsewhere nearby you can volunteer to dig with other participants on the day
Don’t delay, we’d love to hear from you today.
To take part:
or call us on 0207 488 0800 – we need your name, email address, telephone number and postcode and to know whether you would like to HOST your own test-pit site or volunteer to DIG elsewhere.
Please have a look at the flyers below to find out more about Dig and Sow, and feel free to print or share them with friends or neighbours who may be interested:
For any more information please click here